The German Chancellor Fellowship for tomorrow's leaders
The German Chancellor Fellowship for tomorrow’s leaders
Application deadline: 15th September 2018
Period of sponsorship: 1 October 2019 – 30 September 2020
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships every year to prospective leaders from Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA – irrespective of their field of work. Recipients use the fellowship to conduct together with their German host and mentor a socially-relevant project that they have developed themselves.
The German Chancellor Fellowship
in a nutshell
• A monthly fellowship of €2,150, €2,450 or €2,750, depending on your qualifications
• Individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
• Additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
• A study tour of Germany, an opportunity to meet the German chancellor at the end of your stay and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
• Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career
• The applicant must be a national of Brazil, China, India, Russia or the United States.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship
• A confirmation of supervision by the host in Germany
• A project plan which candidates must draw up on their own and coordinate with their host.
• Initial proven leadership experience
Further information, a list of all application requirements and a link to the online application form are available at www.humboldt-foundation.de/youngleaders
Advice and contact
If you have any questions regarding the German Chancellor Fellowship Programme or would like individual guidance, please contact us at avh%27%de,info
You can find examples of projects conducted at https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/buka-testimonials-en.html
The Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany is the patron of this fellowship programme.