A Schengen visa entitles the holder to an accumulated stay of up to 90 days within a period of six months and is valid for Germany, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland (Schengen Area).
The German Missions in India will shortly outsource the handling of Schengen visa applications to VFS Global.
Now, every client will have the option to submit his/her visa application at a nearby Visa Application Centre.
- shorter waiting periods between scheduling an appointment and the actual application
- Submission of applications through authorized third person
- courier service for passports
- status of the process anytime retrievable online
- you are saving on time and travelling expense
The use of the Visa Application Centres is not mandatory; the resulting additional costs are to be paid directly to VFS Global
Alternatively, you may also submit your visa application, after scheduling an apppointment, to the German Mission of your local jurisdiction.